Do you have a favorite pot of sauce recipe? I'm excited to share my pot of sauce with you.
My family of 6 enjoys the sauce right away piled over spaghetti noodles.
Leaving me plenty of sauce leftover to store for future use. I have found that it's handy to whip up a few dishes of lasagna for the freezer and store the remaining sauce in freezer bags for future use.
On busy nights, I simply pull a bag of sauce or a dish of lasagna out of the freezer, thaw and reheat, dinner is ready!
My spaghetti is a tasty mixture of:
- Stewed Tomatoes
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Green Bell Peppers
- Shredded Carrot
- Ground Hamburger
- Ground Pork
- Kielbasa Sausage Links
- Italian Seasoning, Oregano, Basil (fresh when available)
- Salt, Pepper and Sugar
- Use a lot of garlic of different chop sizes.
- Season at every step, taste and re-taste along the way.
- Cook the veggie's (zucchini, mushrooms and bell peppers individually and add them to your sauce once they are perfect (taste often).
- Cook the meat separately and don't forget to drain the fat!
- Don't forget the sugar, it sounds weird I know but, the sugar cuts the acidity and helps balance the sauce. Let it simmer, it's called all day sauce for a reason.
- Don't skimp on the meat, use plenty and use a variety, same with the veggies. The more the merrier.